Re: [RFC 0/4] Adding USB 3.0 bulk streams support

Am Mittwoch, 19. August 2009 02:25:13 schrieb Sarah Sharp:
> To enable streams, the driver must call usb_alloc_streams().  When the
> driver is done using streams, it should call usb_free_streams().  Would
> it be appropriate to ask drivers to call usb_free_streams() in their
> pre_reset and then call usb_alloc_streams() in their post_reset method?
> I'm also not quite sure what happens when a driver is unbound from a
> device.  Is their close method called?  If so, drives would need to call
> usb_free_streams() in their close method.

This is the best approach you can't assume drivers would like to go
on streaming right away after a reset.
If a driver is unbound its disconnect method is called. It is reasonable
to expect drivers to call usb_free_streams() there, but they can't deal
with errors.

	Regards
		Oliver