xHCI over-current causing pm loop

Hello,

I've got an issue on my laptop (Dell XPS 9570 with an i7-7700HQ) that
I'm trying to fix. Multiple usb ports are reporting over-current, despite
nothing being plugged in:

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 138a:0091 Validity Sensors, Inc. VFS7552 Touch Fingerprint Sensor

Two kworkers running runtime pm are trying to suspend the usb 2 & 3 root hubs.
The xHCI driver will not suspend a hub with over-current triggered
(since e9fb08d617bf) so it fails, resumes the hub, and pm tries again.
This is taking two CPU cores, but it stops if a device of the same usb
version is plugged in, or if I set the power control policy to on.
Also, this is blocking system suspend, but that's expected behavior.

Reverting the e9fb08d617bf check fixes both issues for me, but that may cause
system halts in other systems. Making it a non-retriable suspend failure
stops the kworkers but then it will never suspend after an OC event.

Does it make sense to fix this in the USB driver? Or is this a PM issue?
I'd rather fix my over-current issue, but taking two cpus whenever xHCI has
a no-device over-current reading seems like a bug.

Thanks,
Dominik