Re: EHCI handoff failed, propably causing problems

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 18:15, Alan Stern<stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Have you tried removing the wireless card entirely?  If that solves the
> problem then there's probably no point in messing around with ehci-hcd.
It's a latop - I don't know if it is possible to physically remove
wifi. And wifi is rather important on laptop. And wifi doesn't use
ehci's irq line. And in apic mode those wakeups appear regardless of
whatever I do with wifi. Anyway, I haven't tried hardware "solutions"
yet.

> Maybe you should do these two things in the opposite order, since the
> SMI bit gets set whenever the OS semaphore changes state.
Obviously yes, my bad. But sadly reversing order didn't change anything.

> You could look to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your
> system.
There is, I will check it out soon. There is some "Support Legacy USB"
configuration option in bios config, changing which doesn't have any
noticable effect.

Thanks