Re: USB port resume can take 60 seconds in worst case scenario

Am Dienstag, den 13.04.2021, 00:29 +0530 schrieb Pratham Pratap:
> Hi,
>
> The current implementation of usb_port_resume
> (usb_reset_and_verify_device()) can take up-to 60 secs in worst-case
> scenario if the device (let's say the device went bad and is
> unresponsive to any setup packets) connected went into runtime suspend
> and resumed back. Is it fine to have a configurable upper bound? Since
> it can induce delay in the overall system resume if the host is waking
> up from PM suspend.

Well, in that case you have bad hardware. Generally if hardware
does not behave like it should we ought to come up eventually,
but a delay is acceptable.
If however the device really takes almost the full timeout
it is technically withing spec.

We could say that we can configure that a device should get less
retries in that specific case, but a pure time limit looks
like not so good an idea to me.

	Regards
		Oliver