Re: Question about "usb_buffer_free"

2009/8/7 aditya uttam <uttam.aditya@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I am a newbie in linux usb development.
>
> I am allocating some buffer in first thread context using
> "usb_buffer_alloc" call.
> Where as I am trying to free this memory in a different thread context
> using "usb_buffer_free".
> With this USB system is getting crashed.
> Can any one explain me that Can I free the memory in a thread context,
> that has been allocated in a different thread context ?.

Yes, you can free the memory in other thread context, but you must make
sure the memory allocated by usb_buffer_alloc has not being used by HC
any longer (such as, the urb is not on the way), or else crashing your
system is very possible.

Once you have submitted a urb with the transfer buffer allocated by
usb_buffer_alloc and the .complete has not been called, the buffer may be
used by HC,  you can not free it until .complete is called.

Thanks.
--
Lei Ming