Re: Query on USB error

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 10:07:46PM -0800, SIMON BABY wrote:
> Thank you so much Alan.
> I also see some other commits below related with USB. Do you think those
> also can fix the issue? Some of them I did not see a code change.Can you
> please check and confirm.

There's no point in guessing, especially if you aren't familiar with the
code.

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/drivers/usb/host?h=v2.6.32.43&id=ae6fe57b28b609c59f6e04ecf65d1e8f6fe470bc
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/drivers/usb/host?h=v2.6.32.43&id=1e9c04fa407587a6aaf72b13219802565d22e5a0
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/drivers/usb/host?h=v2.6.32.43&id=ddaa6a0bb301607d0e2a3c0414115a596a6f7c14
>

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/drivers/usb/host?h=v2.6.32.42&id=4779c5e04d4e2511092d0f41e7e6ca261575b467
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/drivers/usb/host?h=v2.6.32.40&id=49abf47d18ef1e3c67f3a29cd9eda03f48818652
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/drivers/usb/host?h=v2.6.32.39&id=b90adfeb126662df944e7fdfcd732ab10df6454c

It's very unlikely that any of these commits is related to your problem.

If you want to find a definitive answer for yourself, and if you cause
the problem to occur reliably, then you can use bisection to find the
single commit which fixed the issue.

Alan Stern