Re: Bugs: usb serial crash when close second comport

On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 09:48:01AM +0000, Tung Pham wrote:
> After the bug occur, when open or close device it show on log of system:
>
> failed set request 0x12 status: -110
> failed set request 0x00 status: -110
> failed set request 0x00 status: -110
>
> 0x00 = enable or disable serial device USB request.
> 0x12 = flush serial device USB request.
> -110 = time out.
>
> it means driver is not crashes but it can't open or close device any more.

Right, so the device just fails to respond. Can you communicate with
other devices connected to the same hub when this happens?

I found this note about "Interoperability between the Raspberry Pi and
USB 3.0 hubs" which appears to be related:

	https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/usb/README.md

Does connecting the device through an intermediary USB 2.0 hub make the
problem go away?

> We may find mainline kernel of raspberry if have, and find the driver
> of USB they use in next days.

Sounds good (even if this is starting to sound like a firmware issue).

Johan