Re: proposal: move Linux userspace USB gadget projects to linux-usb GitHub organisation?

Hi,

W dniu 19.01.2021 o 21:15, Krzysztof Opasiak pisze:

On 19.01.2021 21:06, Paul Wise wrote:
Hi Greg, all,

Right now all the Linux userspace USB gadget projects (libusbg,
libusbgx, gt, gadgetd, cmtp-responder etc) are spread out across
different GitHub organisations and user accounts.

Anything that could increase the bandwidth on the components that I
maintain makes perfect sense to me.
I've been moved to a little bit different challenges and I've very
little to no time for the maintenance...

I can offer 2h/week to help maintaining/developing.

(re-pasting the links to de-obfuscate them after Krzysztof's reply)

https://github.com/libusbg/libusbg
https://github.com/libusbgx/libusbgx
https://github.com/kopasiak/gt
https://github.com/gadgetd/gadgetd
https://github.com/cmtp-responder/cmtp-responder

As far as I know switching from libusbg to libusbgx is a move endorsed by libusbg's author.
@Matt: Am I right?

For sure gt depends on libusbgx, not libusbg.

I would like to move each of these projects to the linux-usb GitHub
organisation and add some more folks to the list of admins so that
these projects can be more collaboratively maintained. The linux-usb
GitHub organisation is currently solely owned by Greg Kroah-Hartman.

https://github.com/linux-usb

I don't propose to move maintenance of these projects to kernel.org
since the issue and pull request databases for them are on GitHub and
would need to be preserved.

Having an umbrella project for userspace USB gadget projects seems
a good idea to me.

Andrzej