USB gadget receiving data within setup

Hi all,

I am working on a USB gadget driver for an audio device.
My reference spec is the "USB Device Class Definition for Audio Devices".
I have the basic guts of the driver now, modeled after the gmidi gadget.
But there is one part I am quite unhappy with: in particular the receiving
of OUT data over ep0 for a setup-type transaction.
As you may know, for Audio "SET_x" control operations, there is usually data
carried as OUT phase, in addition to the standard w_* params received on the
setup phase.
For example, SET_CUR(volume) carries the new volume control value in the
OUT phase of the setup transaction.

Basically I would like to know what the recommended model or coding pattern
is for receiving OUT data during the setup callback.
I have reviewed all the gadget drivers, but none appear to address this
area, or I am missing something.
Are there any sample sources or code snippets to act as a guide in this
area?

thanks,
robin