Re: USB warning on cdc-acm device close

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Manuel Lauss wrote:

> However I think this is entirely my fault:  In an effort to reduce idle wakeups
> I disabled the EHCI IO watchdog (which reduced idle wakeups by ~10/s).
> Enabling it again gets rid of the WARN_ON output without any patching.
>
> On the other hand, 2.6.30 even with the IO watchdog disabled doesn't
> show the error.

Did you disable only the I/O watchdog, or did you also disable the IAA
watchdog?

Has there been a chance to run the new test I asked about?

The fact that the ACM device doesn't work when you plug it back in
after reloading ehci-hcd suggests that the khubd thread has gotten
stuck waiting for womething.  You can confirm this by getting a stack
trace (Alt-SysRq-T) after removing ehci-hcd.  I would guess that khubd
is waiting for the URB that is still sitting in the DMA pools.

Alan Stern