Re: kernel locks due to USB I/O

This is just a quick status update. I am just checking if it rings any bell. I am still doing more tests.

The machine where all these problems are happening is a HP Z4 G4, as well as the other two in production. Until this morning it had BIOS v01.76 dated 04/22/2019. Today I update the BIOS to v02.63 dated 10/28/2020.

After updating the BIOS, the behavior definitively changed. Now both kernels (5.4.0-53-generic and 5.9.8) reboot unexpectedly instead of locking. After re-enabling the console, expecting to capture something, I could not see a lock or reboot. However the serial console, after displaying the whole boot, locked, and I cannot use it to login.

Alberto Sentieri