Re: [Bisected] [Bug #13821] Replugging USB serial converter uses new device node

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Alan Cox wrote:

> I think this should whack the remaining usb serial problems. The
> tty_vhangup change I'll defer - its not critical and it's a late -rc. The
> other stuff should fix the both the port number leak and the crash -
> which was hidden by the other tty_port_block_until_wait bug when I was
> testing this stuff.
>
> Gak, pass the paper bags.

There are still more problems with serial_open.

First, instead of relying on port->port.count we should have a private
port->open_count field.  That way we can reliably be certain to call
the subdriver's open & close methods in strict succession.

Second, if tty_port_block_til_ready fails then we have to call the
subdriver's close method.

Alan Stern