Re: Display Alt mode with TPS6598x driver

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 08:51:24PM +0530, Shah, Nehal-bakulchandra wrote:
> Hi Heikki,
>
> I am working on the project with PD controller as TPS6598x. The current
> implementation of TPS6598x does not invoke display alt mode driver .
>
> Can you help me to understand how to achieve this?

You should be able to get an idea how to achieve that for example by
checking how we did it for UCSI: drivers/usb/typec/ucsi/displayport.c

I think you should start by first only registering the alternate mode
without any control. That way you should not need to deal with
anything else except the DP SID Status register.

After that we can add control as the next step.

If you need more help, let me know.

Br,

--
heikki