RE: Question on clear_tt_buffer for not TDI but with built-in TT

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Julie Zhu wrote:

> > > We actually need the clear_tt_buffer control message sent to the
> > > built-in transaction translator. What should we do?
> >
> > This is an important issue.  It turns out that some TDI-type designs
> > require the built-in TT to be notified when the buffer has to be
> > cleared and some don't, or at least, they don't provide any way to
> send
> > the notification -- I don't understand why not.  I don't know what the
> > best approach will be.
> >

> In our case, we do provide a way to send the notification, just as the
> way the USB spec says, through a control message of CLEAR_TT_BUFFER. How
> can we send this message out, even we have built-in TT? Do we need a
> special flag?

Your question doesn't make any sense.  The kernel doesn't send _any_
control messages to root hubs, because root hubs don't have an upstream
USB port through which to receive them.

So what do you mean by "send this message out"?  Where are you going to
send it out _to_, considering that the intended destination (the host
controller's root hub) is actually part of the computer?

Alan Stern