Re: Any example of USB gadget for DRD device mode on Intel Gemini Lake?

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 11:06:59PM +0200, Dmitry N. Mikushin wrote:
> Yes, AFAIK PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_GLK_XHCI is actually 0x31a8, and I do have it:
>
> 00:15.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:31a8] (rev 03)

That is the xHCI controller, and it is not what you need if you want
to use the connector in device mode. The xHCI and DWC3 IPs are
separate IPs on GLK. That is why there is a mux between the two. The
dwc3 USB device controller has device ID 31aa, so you want to see a
PCI device with the device ID. It's not there.

So the dwc3 PCI device is not enabled on your board, which means you
do not have USB device controller to deal with. The connector is in
host mode only. Sorry.

If you can enter the BIOS menu, then you can try to find an option
named XDCI (so that's "XDCI" not "xHCI"). It is usually somewhere
under some USB menu. If you have that, then enable it, and you should
see the dwc3 PCI device in the operating system.

Br,

--
heikki