Re: xhci problem -> general protection fault

Hi,

W dniu 13.10.2020 o 09:49, Mathias Nyman pisze:
On 13.10.2020 0.53, zwisler@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 10:20:31PM +0300, Mathias Nyman wrote:
On 1.10.2020 19.43, zwisler@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 01:35:31AM +0300, Mathias Nyman wrote:

I'm rewriting how xhci driver handles halted and canceled transfers.
While looking into it I found an older case where hardware gives bad data
in the output context. This was 10 years ago and on some specic hardware,
see commit:

ac9d8fe7c6a8 USB: xhci: Add quirk for Fresco Logic xHCI hardware.

I'm happy to gather logs with more debug or run other experiments, if that
would be helpful.  As it is I don't really know how to debug the internal
state of the HC further, but hopefully the knowledge that the patch below
makes a difference will help us move forward.

Great thanks, it will take some time before rewrite is ready.

Should we/I invest time in trying to create a quirk similar to

ac9d8fe7c6a8 USB: xhci: Add quirk for Fresco Logic xHCI hardware.

in the mean time, or should we just wait for your rewrite?

I've been focusing on this part so rewrite shouldn't take long.

Thank you for doing that!

Should you be sending your patches not as a reply in this thread
kindly Cc me andrzej.p@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Regards,

Andrzej