usb_control_msg_send() and usb_control_msg_recv() are highly problematic

Hi,

you probably do not want to hear this. I was out of comission
for the last week weeks and I should have looked at this more closely.

You may notice that usb_control_msg() for times immemorial has been
using GFP_NOIO internally. This is because control messages are needed
in a lot of contexts such as SCSI error handling and runtime PM
that require GFP_NOIO. IIRC at that time we found ourselves unable to
go through all those call chains, so we pulled the nuclear option
and slapped a blanket GFP_NOIO on the function.

Today I got a patch that outright deleted a memory allocation with
GFP_NOIO, so I looked into this. We are making the same mistake
we couldn't fix in the past.
I am afraid the API has to be changed to include memory flags.
And we should do this now while the damage is still within limits.
I am preparing patches.

	Regards
		Oliver