Framework for testing an HID event

Hello!
Can anyone suggest how to test via a "framework" an HID event? For
example I am aware of the tools to test a device connected via the
GadgetFS framework, although I've never had the chance to actually use
any of them.

I have here a gizmo who when connected to the Linux system I have
here, tells me that it is indeed something to translate an PS/2 type
connection to the system to a USB based one. On the surface, the lsusb
command tells me the thing has assigned to it 04d9:1400 and the name
is that of its maker Holtek Semiconductor Inc, but its wearing an RS
logo on it.

I can provide more information upon request such as the output from
the lsusb -v command, with the lsusb -v -d 04d9:1400 string used as
the commands.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@xxxxxxxxx
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."