Re: Belkin F5D5055 not really working with the asix driver

Sorry for hijacking this really old report (and for cross-posting to USB where I think it may belong too). I'm having the same problem with a Belkin f5d5055 but could gather some more details:

The adapter only refuses to work after a cold reboot (poweroff / powerup) while it is actually working when hotplugged into a running system (including consecutive reboots).

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?
The same system (and components like cable, switches) were running fine with an AX88772 based adapter, but the AX88178 seems to behave differently...

Thanks,
   Christian

Pantelis Koukousoulas wrote:
Hi, I got a belkin f5d5055 usb 2.0 gigabit adapter that should be
supported by usbnet + the asix driver, still although recognized it
doesn't actually work. More specifically, the card is recognized, the
interface is created and brought up etc only no packets flow from/to
the device.

I tried the exact same card, cable and router combination with windows
and it works fine (ping, dhcp everything) so I suspect the driver
might be the problem.

I recompiled with debug information enabled and I attach the trace,
hoping it will help.
I can also provide usbmon traces and a usbsnoop trace from the windows
machine where it works if needed.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to dig through the datasheets/code
to fix the problem myself :(

Thanks in advance.

P.s., Please CC me in any replies since I 'm not subscribed in this list