Re: USB Hardware Power Control, IOCTL_USB_HUB_CYCLE_PORT Equivalent

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 09:14:44PM -0500, Sid Spry wrote:
> Hi, after a fair bit of looking I do not see a way to do a hard reset of
> a device. Windows seems to expose some functionality that hints these things
> are possible. Does anyone know if it is and is implemented in the Linux
> drivers?

You can do this from userspace on hardware that supports it by using the
`usbreset` tool that is in the usbutils package.

But as you have found out, this is not a requirement for USB hardware to
support, so not all hubs do support this, sorry.

good luck!

greg k-h