5.8 regression: Low-speed interrupt transfers not working on (some?) 9 Series Chipset xHCI Controllers

Hi,

I've been working with 2 Fedora users who both report that there
keyboard and mouse has stopped working after upgrading to
5.7.17 -> 5.8.4 .

After some back and forth I have found the following common pattern:

1. Both reporters have a "9 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Controller"
2. Both reporters have a lo-speed (1.5M) keyboard and mouse connected to
   that XHCI controller
3. The kbd/mouse gets detected but does not send events.

So there seems to be an issue with lo-speed USB interrupt-transfers
not working on the "9 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Controller".

One reporter is using a DELL Precicion T5610 laptop, the PCI id
of the XHCI controller there is 8086:8cb1 and both 5.7 and 5.8 dmesg say:

[    3.324639] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: hcc params 0x200077c1 hci version 0x100 quirks 0x0000000000009810
[    3.324643] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: cache line size of 64 is not supported

The other reporter is using a Gigabyte H97-D3H motherboard. This reporter
reports that plugging the kbd/mouse into the USB ports which are connected
to the H97's EHCI controller works around the problem.

I have tried to reproduce this on some of my own systems, but I do
not have any hardware of this exact generation and I could not reproduce
it on the closest hardware which I do have.

Matthias, if you have some idea which 4.8 change might have caused this
I can build rpms with a test kernel with that change reverted for
the reporters to test.

Regards,

Hans