idea concerning the 2.6.30 mouse remote wakeup trouble

Hi,

thinking about this issue has led me to the conclusion that our sysfs
interface is deficient. But I am not sure how exactly to fix it.

Basically the interface assumes that a device either supports
autosuspend fully or not at all. This mouse trouble suggests that
this assumption is wrong. It is possible that devices support
an inefficient form of autosuspend, but not an aggressive form.
In the concrete example, the extent of support for remote wakeup
is the problem.

For this reason I think we need to allow user space to specify
the extent of autosuspend a driver should attempt to use with
a device. The problem is that I see no generic way to express
that concept. Any ideas?

	Regards
		Oliver