Re: uas: bug: [turris-L1 #1096031] MOX Hardware Issue - USB SuperSpeed ports resetting constantly

On 20/07/2020 11:25, Tj (Elloe Linux) wrote:
> We have limited windows of time to test due to the Mox being our primary
> gateway but I've ordered another Mox A (the main CPU module) so we can> test at will.

We now have the second Mox A CPU module with USB3 module F attached in
our lab and can do any tests required.

# lspci -nn
00:00.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device [1b4b:0100]
01:00.0 USB controller [0c03]: VIA Technologies, Inc. VL805 USB 3.0 Host
Controller [1106:3483] (rev 01)

> I'll update with the additional logs later.

I've captured a couple of usbmon logs, firstly when uas is enabled, and
then with it disabled via the quirk "0x152d:0x0562:u", and included the
associated dmesg logs.

They're available as text/plain and in a tar.gz with names prefixed
jmicron+ dated 2020-07-26 at:

https://elloe.vision/linux/

> In our earlier tests the module A USB3 port wasn't active presumably
> because we missed off a config option. Once we're corrected that we'll
> test on the SoC USB3 port to help narrow down the responsible kernel
> module(s) and layers.

It's currently not possible to test on the CPU module's USB3 since it
fails to initialise due to a fight between the firmware and OS because
in recent kernels the OS tries to initialise the PHY layer - but that is
already done by firmware. We've tested a suggested fix for that in uboot
but so far not made progress on that one.