Re: linux usb gadget - mass storage

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 04:12:44PM +0200, SZIGETVÁRI János wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I recompiled the latest kernel (5.4.51) for the Pi Zero, and now the
> patched g_multi module (or dwc2-hsotg for that matter) seems to load
> just fine, and I was also able to use a DVD iso image, and dd its
> whole content to /dev/null.
> Now that we could see that the patch actually works, what would it
> take for it to make it into the mainline kernel?

Well, first of all the patch has to be cleaned up -- unnecessary stuff
and debugging lines removed, style matching the current driver, and so
on.  Also, it should be integrated a little better: There already is a
cdrom-emulation flag; maybe it should be changed to take on three
possible values (disk drive, cdrom drive, or dvd-rom drive).

Mostly though, I have to be convinced that the patch implements the
required functions well enough to be considered a valid dvd-rom device
according to the appropriate spec.

Alan Stern