Re: usb_sg_init() from completion callback

> Tasklets run in interrupt context, don't they?  So the answer is No.
> As you can see from the kerneldoc in usb_sg_wait, it has to be called
> in process context.
>
> Alan Stern

I wanted my driver to make asynchronous calls to the device (USB
attached SCSI). To get this I am issuing commands from callback
context. Is there any alternate call to usb_sg_wait(), that can be
called from callback context. If there is no alternate call, do I need
to change my driver design?
Because if the driver is blocked waiting on the scatter gather
transfer by calling usb_sg_wait() from driver context, it can't queue
any other command. Will this lead to spawn a kernel thread or a work
queue or something, so that each instance can call usb_sg_init() and
usb_sg_wait()?

Regards,
RD