Re: System crash/lockup after plugging CDC ACM device

Am Mittwoch, den 15.07.2020, 13:20 +0200 schrieb David Guillen Fandos:
> Shouldn't the kernel be resilient to such devices? I've developed quite
> a few USB devices in the past and I've never ran into things like this
> on Linux

Yes. Unfortunately we do not know which module is crashing here.
It may be as simple as CDC-ACM retrying without a delay or giving
up. Or this is in usbcore. Could you initially try without
CDC-ACM, so we can narrow this down? And tehn we can try with
dynamic debugging or thought what can be done.

And thank you for identifying the root cause for the malfunction.
Yet you are clearly right that even such a device should not crash the
kernel.

	Regards
		Oliver