Re: dwc3 inconsistent gadget connection state?

John Stultz <john.stultz@xxxxxxxxxx> 于2020年7月3日周五 上午11:08写道:

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 7:55 PM Jun Li <lijun.kernel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > John Stultz <john.stultz@xxxxxxxxxx> 于2020年7月3日周五 上午5:46写道:
> > > I was curious if you or anyone else had any thoughts on how to debug
> > > this further?
> >
> > If you force your gadget to be USB2(e.g. in dts)
> >
> > +       maximum-speed = "high-speed";
> >
> > will you still reproduce this issue?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, I gave that a try, but still
> reproduced the same issue with this setting.
>
> Curious, what the issue is your were thinking this would help with?

I had experience device mode had problem on super speed channel
with some switch device between the host and type-C port, then it will
not downgrade to enable USB2 term so host can't detect the my board's
typec-C port.

> > Does your gadget connect to host super speed port directly via a C-to-A cable
> > in your test labs? or there is something between?
>
> I'm not sure of the details in the lab, however I can reproduce this
> on my desk with a Host machine <-> USB hub <-> USB-C port.
>
> Additionally, the board itself is a little complicated, in that the
> USB-C port is USB2 only (however, it does have two USB-A USB3 ports
> behind an on-board hub and a switch to decide if the USB-C or hub
> ports are enabled since there is only one usb controller).

So actully you should limit the gadget speed to be high speed for your
USB2 only type-C port.

Does the host machine can detect the connection when you plug in?

Li Jun