Implementing WCID for a bulk function ... can't create String descriptor of 0xEE

I've got a bulk transport kernel module composite function.  Nothing
fancy, just opens the two pipes to a character device just like f_hid.c.
 It works fine, as far as I can tell.

Now, I'm trying to implement WCID so that Windows will automatically
recognize it and attach it to the WinUSB drivers.

However, I simply cannot figure out how to create a string with an index
of 0xEE and data of "MSFT100" so that Windows will pick up the device
and then request the extra features.

Alternatively, I'm happy to adjust my bcdUSB to flag USB 2.01 or USB 2.1
and use the BOS system.  However, as there appear to be very few
examples of that in the Linux codebase (none that I can see--but I'm not
on latest), I suspect that would be just swapping something that might
be possible but I'm just missing the path vs something that has a path
that is wholly untrod.

WCID References:
https://github.com/pbatard/libwdi/wiki/WCID-Devices
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/usbcon/microsoft-defined-usb-descriptors

Any help, advice or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-a