XHCI vs PCM2903B/PCM2904 babble error

Hello,

for whatever reason, various amateur radio products use
the PCM2903B, PCM2904 and related USB audio chips. On a
system with an Intel C610/X99 USB xHCI controller (rev 05),
and recent (>4.18?) kernels, this seems to result in USB
babble errors.

I hacked up this little patch to allow much larger USB
packet
sizes (the device advertises wMaxPacketSize 192), but that
does not appear to change anything:

https://paste.centos.org/view/f49e6f42

Where should I start looking to see what is going wrong?

The usbmon tool
is not capturing whatever packet caused the
babble error (no surprise there), so I am not quite sure
what my next step should be.

The audio layer also never seems to get
packets larger than
192 bytes even with the larger max packet size in the
snd_usb_endpoint struct, so I am guessing maybe the babble
error can also be caused by something other than a too-large
packet? Maybe a packet that was transmitted after too much
of a delay?

Is there something in the urb that can be hacked to allow
much larger transfers, or delays in transfers?, and some
way to capture what may be going on here?

--
All Rights Reversed.