RE: USB transaction errors causing RCU stalls and kernel panics

Hi Oliver,

> Hi,
>
> it is good that we have something that works.
> It would be even better if we understood exactly how it works. In fact that
> these patches work and are needed may very well indicate that error
> handling on at least some XHCs does not work as expected.
>
> So a question and a request, if I may.
> Did you run the test with autosuspend disabled? If so could you retest with it
> enabled?

I have only tested with autosuspend enabled.

> Secondly could you run tests with
>
> commit 7c8f7af078a4eda73f347667d12584736e613062
> Author: Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Thu Mar 5 11:16:02 2020 +0100
>
>     cdc-acm: close race betrween suspend() and acm_softint
>
> not applied (respectively reverted) with and without autosuspend?

I ran a test with this commit reverted and saw no difference in behavior.
i.e we do not get event spam with this commit reverted.
I tested with enabled and disabled autosuspend.

> 	Regards
> 		Oliver
>
> PS: When I submit upstream, may I add your 'Tested-by'?

Sure, you can add me, but I have only tested that this specific problem
seems to be solved. The normal functionality has not been tested  properly yet
on our side.

//Jonas