Re: driver

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 07:37:40PM +0300, Igor Filippov wrote:
> I apologize for my carelessness. I will try to send it to everyone...

You can't send html email to the list, that will cause it to get
rejected :(

Anyway, I think this is the device, right:

> Bus 002 Device 004: ID 1b5c:0201
> Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
> Device Descriptor:
>   bLength                18
>   bDescriptorType         1
>   bcdUSB               2.00
>   bDeviceClass            2 Communications
>   bDeviceSubClass         0
>   bDeviceProtocol         0
>   bMaxPacketSize0        64
>   idVendor           0x1b5c
>   idProduct          0x0201
>   bcdDevice            1.00
>   iManufacturer           4
>   iProduct               38
>   iSerial                74
>   bNumConfigurations      1
>   Configuration Descriptor:
>     bLength                 9
>     bDescriptorType         2
>     wTotalLength           67
>     bNumInterfaces          2
>     bConfigurationValue     1
>     iConfiguration          0
>     bmAttributes         0x80
>       (Bus Powered)
>     MaxPower              250mA
>     Interface Descriptor:
>       bLength                 9
>       bDescriptorType         4
>       bInterfaceNumber        0
>       bAlternateSetting       0
>       bNumEndpoints           1
>       bInterfaceClass         2 Communications
>       bInterfaceSubClass      2 Abstract (modem)
> [...]

Can you confirm that the vendor/product id is 1b5c/0201 for this?

If so, what is wrong with the "normal" cdc driver here?  Why does the
usb-serial generic driver need to be used instead?

Do you have a pointer to where you got the instructions to usb the
usb-serial generic driver instead of the built-in kernel driver?

thanks,

greg k-h