Re: No PNP0CA0 device on a Dell Precision 5520 laptop

Am Mittwoch, den 12.02.2020, 18:06 +0200 schrieb Heikki Krogerus:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 02:12:54PM +0100, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 11.02.2020, 16:44 +0200 schrieb Heikki Krogerus:

> >         Device (UCM1)
> >         {
> >             Name (_HID, "INT3515")  // _HID: Hardware ID
> >             Name (_UID, Zero)  // _UID: Unique ID
> >             Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
> >             {
> >                 Name (SBFB, ResourceTemplate ()
> >                 {
> >                     I2cSerialBusV2 (0x0038, ControllerInitiated, 0x00061A80,
> >                         AddressingMode7Bit, "\\_SB.PCI0.I2C0",
> >                         0x00, ResourceConsumer, , Exclusive,
> >                         )
> >                 })
> >                 Name (SBFI, ResourceTemplate ()
> >                 {
> >                     Interrupt (ResourceConsumer, Level, ActiveLow, Exclusive, ,, _Y28)
> >                     {
> >                         0x00000000,
> >                     }
> >                 })
> >                 CreateDWordField (SBFI, \_SB.PCI0.I2C0.UCM1._CRS._Y28._INT, GINT)  // _INT: Interrupts
> >                 GINT = INUM (UCG1)
> >                 Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI))
> >             }
> >
> >             Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
> >             {
> >                 If ((UCSI == One))
> >                 {
> >                     Return (0x0F)
> >                 }
> >                 Else
> >                 {
> >                     Return (Zero)
> >                 }
> >             }
> >         }
> >
> > And indeed 'status' is 0 in sysfs. I am puzzled. I can see no sense in that unless
> > I am supposed to use ucsi_acpi but there is no node for that.
>
> The "UCSI" in that condition is just a variable name. It does not
> actually have anything to do with the actual UCSI interface.

Yesw, but it is a mightily suggestive variable name.

> It looks to me like the operating system is not even made aware of the
> connectors on that laptop. That is fairly common unfortunately.
>
> The connectors will work, the firmware takes care of everything, but
> they are simply not visible to the operating system. There is of
> course also no way to for example swap the roles, or do anything else.

I see. I just don't get how this is supposed to work with devices that
have multiple alternate modes? Or if you want to couple two hosts on
the USB level?

Well, I am going to look for another laptop then.

	Thank you
		Oliver