Re: About Bug 205841

Hello.

I've got your patch, apply to sources 5.5.0-rc1 and builded with oldconfig from 5.4.2. And... Well, got black screens and blinking CapsLock. It's hard to explain without any output. I'll try building 5.5.0-rc1 with your patch tomorrow and new config.

Thank you for reply.

P.S.: I have another one dock station from Lenovo at home (like this) and try testing on it.

On 2019-12-13 16:23, Heikki Krogerus wrote:
Hi Ilia,

Bugzilla at kernel.org does not respond today, so sending mail.

I can't reproduce the issue with the Lenovo boards we have, but I know
there is one problem with the firmware in some Lenovo's. Basically the
firmware starts generating notification (interrupts) before they are
enabled. That could theoretically cause the issue you are seeing.

Can you test v5.5-rc1 (mainline)? If the problem still happens with
mainline, can you test a patch that I've attached (so applied on top
of mainline)?

thanks,

---

With best regards