Re: Ericsson F3507g cdc_acm broken with 2.6.30

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 02:33:16PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > I have an integrated wireless setup inside my Lenovo Thinkpad T400 which
> > normally works fine and provides WiFi, Bluetooth and WWAN connectivity.
> > The wifi card is utilized by the iwlagn driver, and WWAN modem appears
> > as cdc_acm device.
> >
> > I upgraded from 2.6.28.10 to 2.6.30 and that went well as far as iwlagn
> > was concerned, however, I noticed that the WWAN function is broken - the
> > ttyACM* devices silently disappeared and won't come back - even lsusb
> > doesn't show the Ericsson F3507g device any more!
> >
> > Is this a known problem, or do I need to bisect it?
>
> It's not a known problem, and yours is not the only report of this.
>
> Could you bisect it to help us resolve it?

I just did a first poor man's bisection - downgrading one notch down to
2.6.29.5 - it doesn't change things, so the problem's in there somewhere.

Which subdirectory do I use for git bisection, just drivers/net/usb or
the whole drivers/usb/ or?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.