Re: detailed trace query

Alan Stern wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, jack craig wrote:

[  300.214387] usb 3-2: opened by process 1920: obdscan

my question is, seeing the regular pattern of 'actual_length=0', i am guessing that is normal?

Yes.  The usbfs_snoop code could stand to be improved.  It prints out
all the data when the URB is first submitted and then again when the
URB completes.  Of course actual_length is 0 during submission.  In
addition, there's no reason to dump the data buffer during submissions
for an IN transfer or during completion for an OUT transfer.

Alan Stern

Thx Alan,

I suspected it was this kind of thing, but its so much better to be sure.

by the way, my fledgling status is confirmed.

1. usbfs != sysfs  (from my query yesterday)
2. i found the hard coded error message in devio.c
and see it was from that and not a usbfs daemon participating in dmesg's dump.

oh well, even the guru's had to start somewhere, ... :\

Thx for the truth, jackc...

This email has been ClamScanned !
     www.LinuxLightHouse.com

--