Re: Medium not present for usb stick

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Stefan Sassenberg wrote:

> Hello Alan,
> >
> > Thank you for taking the time. If I can do more to help solving the
> > problem please let me know.
>
> which also includes kernel source modifications. I'm familiar with C
> syntax, so that shouldn't be a big problem. Thank you again.

I can think of only one thing for you to try.  Perhaps the drive
behaves badly because the computer reads its last sector.  If that's so
then you could work around the problem by telling the kernel that the
drive has fewer sectors than it really does.

You can do this by adding a "quirks=14cd:8123:c" module parameter for
usb-storage.

Alan Stern