Re: [USB EHCI DRIVER] [Regression] EHCI no longer working in 5.4 series kernel

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 07:04:45AM +0200, Ben wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I could have sworn I checked lkml. Thanks for the fix!
>
> Any idea why only ehci is affected?
>
> Seems a bit odd, that's why I thought it would be a problem with usb driver.

I'm not sure -- in theory at least, it should affect any device that
uses DMA and supports at least 32-bit DMA, but not enough to cover all
of RAM. On my system that seems to be only ehci and my GPU (which only
supports 32-bit coherent DMA, apparently), going by dmesg.

Note that a workaround is to disable iommu=pt, it's not a problem unless
you're trying to use passthrough with that device.