Re: USB 3.0 monitoring

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 10:42:58AM +0530, Viral Mehta wrote:
> Hi Sarah,
>
> I am planning to incorporate code changes in usbmon (USB monitoring tool
> that comes with kernel source) to support USB3.0 capturing.
> I am following all code changes that you recently submitted to mainline
> kernel.
>
> The unfortunate thing is I do not have any access to any USB3.0 devices.
> I am just doing it as self-learning exercise since I am very much into
> USB3.0
>
> Will it be possible for you to help me in anyway to get that code tested
> if I happen to submit it to you?

Sure, you should send the code to the linux-usb mailing list as an RFC,
and I'll test it with the USB devices I have.  I only have bulk and
control transfers working, so I won't be able to test other transfer
types.  But it would be very useful to have USBMon working for USB 3.0
devices.

> Or you already have those changes but yet not submitted ? In that case,
> I may define some other exercise for myself.
> Any help would be more than welcome.

No, I haven't made changes to the USBMon for USB 3.0.  I haven't really
tried using it with USB 3.0 devices, so I don't know if there's any
changes necessary.  But I will certainly test any patches you send me.

Sarah Sharp