Re: question about compile usbutils

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 4:55 PM, loody<miloody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It must be possible. But why do you want to do that? I think it is
>> easier to use the file I/O.
> Do you mean fopen the dev node and r/w it?
> like    fd = fopen(filename, "w")?

Yes, something like that.

> BTW, I change the venderid/deviceid in /libusb/examples/dpfp.c to get
> familiar with the lib apis.
> But it return message as:
> usb_claim_interface error -6
>
> From source code, -6 means it is busy.
> I try it again by umounting the usb flash disk, but the error is still the same.
>
> Is there anything I have to do before testing libusb api?

You can use libusb_detach_kernel_driver to detach the kernel driver
before claiming the interface.
http://libusb.sourceforge.net/api-1.0/group__dev.html

BTW, please use libusb mailing list and not this list
for further discussions. Thanks. I will not reply further
to this thread as I think it is OT for this list.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com