When will Linux create device for Cypress C67X00 USB Host Controller Driver?

I'm trying to port c67x00 USB HCD from 2.6.29.4 to 2.6.20.x running on
a Xilinx V5. I've read the source code and modify the driver based on
the changes of SL811 USB HCD between the two versions. From the source
code c67x00 HCD was designed for HPI, and I can't figure out how Linux
support a device connected using HPI. For SL811 It seems the device is
created statically, and for PCI devices they are created after
scanning, but how about HPI devices? I just load the new driver into
2.6.20 but nothing happend, the driver's probe was not called.