Re: Moschip 7703 USB to serial free to a good home

Aaron Thompson <dev@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have a Moschip 7703 USB to single serial port adapter that I'm not
> using primarily because it doesn't have an in-tree driver, so I'd be
> happy to send it to anyone who would like to add support for it. It
> looks like it should be easy to add to the existing mos7720 driver.
> Anyone interested?

Sorry, not interested.  But did you try the obvious fix, even mentioned
here under "Moschip MCS7720, MCS7715 driver"?:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/usb/usb-serial.txt

Just add the VID/PID to the device table and see what happens.  Just
post any error messages or other stuff here, along with the patch you
are testing, and you will get help interpreting it.

Note that you'll probably have to do a minor change in the
mos77xx_calc_num_ports() too, since it hardcodes 2 ports. But if you're
lucky then that's it.

Bjørn