Re: No SuperSpeedPlus on ASM2142

Le lun. 16 sept. 2019 à 14:57, Mathias Nyman
<mathias.nyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> So both places that indicate USB 3.1 support are not according to latest spec,
> SBRN (Serial Bus Release Number) is 30 instead of 31, and supported protocol
> capability minor revision is 0x1 instead of 0x10.
Yes. I searched for firmwares, but I only saw a much older version
available on Internet.

> Most reliable way of checking the current actual port speed is reading protocol speed id
> from the ports PORTSC register port-speed field.
> Use debugfs: (with your correct pci address and port number)
Currently I have "PortSpeed:4" which matches with the "Gen 1" trace.
If I even get a "Gen 2" trace again, I will check.

> Is the xHCI controller id PCI D0 state even when runtime suspeded?
> Some ACPI tables end up preventing D3 for runtime suspend, keeping controller in D0
> and possibly preventing PME# wake signaling
It seems you are right, lspci still shows D0 :
Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)

The other USB controllers (AMD 3.0 and 3.1) have
"PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)",
are in D3 state when runtime suspended, and wake up correctly.

Looking at this, I realized the front panel USB3.0 connectors are on the AMD 3.1
controller, I wonder how they are limited to SuperSpeed (configured by
the BIOS ?).