Re: Lacie Rugged USB3-FW does not work with UAS

W dniu 23.08.2019 o 23:23, Oliver Neukum pisze:
> Am Freitag, den 23.08.2019, 16:21 +0200 schrieb Julian Sikorski:
>>
>> I did some further digging regarding whether this is a regression: the
>> quirk file on the laptop is from 15 July 2014. The machine is from ca.
>> May 2011. Looking through my earlier posts to linux-usb it appears that
>> the addition of the quirk is related to this thread:
>>
>> https://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=140537519907935&w=2
>>
>> At the same time, back in 2011, I reported that the drive was working
>> after some fixes:
>>
>> https://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=132276407611433&w=2
>
> Hi,
>
> this is alarming. Was this physically the same drive? I am asking
> because we have seen cases where two different devices were sold
> under the same name.
>
> 	Regards
> 		Oliver

Hi,

I do indeed own two lacie rugged drives which do differ a bit. The older
one (which was definitely working without the need for the quirk) is at
work, I will bring it home and test it in a few days.
Having said that, it appears that July 2014 is about when uas was rolled
out to the public. So maybe the drive has worked using usb storage before.

Best regards,
Julian