Re: divide error in usbtmc_generic_read

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 3:49 PM Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 19.08.2019, 15:18 +0200 schrieb Andrey Konovalov:

> > > Yes, sorry syzbot.

> > > No, obviously there is still a bug. What I would like syzbot to have
> > > would be a third category: inconclusive.
> > > Seeing another bug instead may also mean the first bug struck
> > > before the second could ever happen. We just lack data to tell.
> >
> > OK, I see. The exact words that syzbot uses in this case are "syzbot
> > has tested the proposed patch but the reproducer still triggered
> > crash". What would you like to see instead?
> >

> "syzbot has tested the proposed patch but the reproducer triggered
> another crash" would make it clearer.

This implies that we can differentiate between different crashes. We
can differentiate between different manifestations of crashes, but
those can be caused by the same bug. I think we can remove the word
"still" though, so the words will be: "syzbot has tested the proposed
patch, but the reproducer triggered a crash".

Dmitry, WDYT?