Re: kernel 5.2.7 support for usb Apple Superdrive is broken

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 02:24:18PM -0500, David Walthour wrote:
> I am new to this mailing list, so please go easy on me if I'm breaking
> etiquete.
>
> Upgraded my Fedora 30 install from linux kernel 5.2.6 to 5.2.7 (and
> 5.2.8) and my apple usb superdrive stopped working. Booting up in 5.2.6
> and it works again as expected, so it appears to be due to changes in
> 5.2.7.
>
> I am unsure of where to look to see if this is already reported and
> being fixed. If not, I am willing to help out in fixing it as it seems
> to be a reasonably small set of diffs between 5.2.6 and 5.2.7 that
> could account for it, but I am new to patching linux, so I am unsure of
> where to get started. Any help would be appreciated.

I would start with filing a bug in fedora's bugzilla as the developers
there can help you try to narrow things down better than we can if you
can't build your own kernel images.

And, what do you mean by "not working", are there kernel log messages?

thanks,

greg k-h