Re: AW: Strange behaviour of D-Link DUB-1312 USB 3.0 Adapters

Am Mittwoch, den 14.08.2019, 08:56 +0000 schrieb  Schmid, Carsten :

> > This is on a lower layer than ax88179. This comes from xhci_hcd.
> > Is this a regression?
> >

> I don't think its a regression.

It would be better to know than to assume.

> Is there something i can do to force an error message to be seen
> when the ETH2USB adapter stalls?

You can activate dynamic debugging for the xhci_hcd module
Remember that no data to transfer is not an error as such.

> My current assumption is that the signal quality of the USB port is at a
> corner case, and therefore some "better" Adapters work, some "bad ones"
> don't. But as there is no error message seen in the dmesg, i am somehow lost.

Two things you can do:

1. Generate a usbmon trace (it will be gigantic though)
2. Activate dynamic debugging for the xhci_hcd module

	Regards
		Oliver