EHSET USB testing

I'm trying to get my device to pass the EHSET tests.  I found the thread
"Using EHSET module" from March.  I'm having similar issues.

I don't have access to the PID VID board that the lab uses.  Instead I'm
using another computer setup as a mass storage gadget but set the VID:PID
to 1a0a:0102 (TEST_J).  If that sounds like a problem or there is another,
better way to do this please let me know.

> The usb-storage driver bound to your device first.  Try building a
> kernel without that driver and then it shoudl bind to the other driver.
>
> Or manually bind the ehset driver to your device through sysfs.  Read up
> on the documentation for the "new_id" and "bind" and "unbind" sysfs
> files for how to do that.

I did this.  I was able to unbind from usb-storage but binding to
usb_ehset_test failed with error -32 (AFAICT EPIPE).  I tried both the
usb_ehset_test/bind and usb_ehset_test/new_id methods.  In both cases
I got the same error.

I did another build without usb-storage.  Now I don't have to go through
the unbind step but I still get the same error while probing.

	[  296.089877] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
	[  296.271081] usb_ehset_test: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -32

I notice that it says "using xhci_hcd."  Is that a problem?  Does it
need to be ehci?  I tried a build without xhci but that caused other
problems for me.

1) Can I use a computer in device mode to present a VID:PID to get into
EHSET mode?  If so how should I do that?

2) What else do I need to do in order to get my box into EHSET mode?