Re: Linux 5.2, usb: typec: Support for Alternate Modes

Hi Matthew,

Copying the respective mailing list.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 09:22:10AM +0100, Matthew Nicholson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your work on the linux.
>
> I am using dell xps13 with a wd15 type-c docking station, on Archlinux.
> Under kernel version 5.2 (and 5.2.1) I was running into some issue with
> having the docking station connected to multiple monitors (Only one monitor
> would work at a time).
> I tried to get the monitors working under X/xrandr and wayland/gnome.
> The issue is not present after downgrading back to linux 5.1.7.
>
> I am wondering what I should do to report this or help testing.

I'm going to need some details about your platform:

1. dmesg output
2. The exact XPS13 version
3. BIOS version

The UCSI driver got support for alternate modes in v5.2, so I'm
guessing that is causing this problem, but to be sure, can you unload
the UCSI driver to see if it has any effect?

        % modprobe -r ucsi_acpi

Are you able to build you own test kernels?

thanks,

--
heikki