Re: [RFC] usbfs: Add ioctls for runtime suspend and resume

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019, Greg KH wrote:

> > > Still to do: Write up the documentation.��In fact, the existing
> > > description of usbfs in Documentation/driver-api/usb/usb.rst is sadly
> > > out of date.��And it deserves to be split out into a separate file of
> > > its own -- but I'm not sure where it really belongs, considering that
> > > it is an API for userspace, not an internal kernel API.
> > >
> > > Greg, suggestions?
> >
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > Did you got a chance to look into the above documentation query by Alan?
> > How should we go about documenting these new IOCTLs?
>
> Not yet, sorry, dealing with the backlog of patches after the merge
> window closed.
>
> Give me a week or so...
>
> But if you want to try your hand at it first, it's always easier to
> review a patch than it is to come up with a new one.

Would Documentation/userspace-api/ be the right place to put this
information?  It looks like we could take a large chunk of
driver-api/usb/usb.rst (most of it, in fact) and move it over there.

By the way, do you know anything about how the information in
Documentation/userspace-api gets presented to users in general?  Is
there anything comparable to the Linux man-pages project?  Or are
people just supposed to get hold of the kernel source from somewhere
and read the files there?

Alan Stern