Re: Slow I/O on USB media

Il giorno lun, 10/06/2019 alle 10.40 -0400, Alan Stern ha scritto:

> [...]

Thank you Alan and Greg for your patience and answer. I will carefully
consider all the advice you gave me, but one in particular stands out
to me first:

>         Not setting up the .config file properly for each build.

How should I set up the .config file properly for each build? What I
did so far was

cp -v /boot/config-$(uname -r) .config

(when I was using a "working kernel", maybe the Fedora one) before the
first build, then never touched the .config dir again during the
bisection.

(Also, I use to press ENTER to accept all default choices when
compiling, is that correct?)

Many thanks,
Andrea Vai